Designing a Beautiful REST+JSON API
In this presentation, Les Hazlewood - Stormpath CTO and Apache Shiro PMC Chair - will share all of the golden nuggets learned while designing, implementing and supporting JSON-based REST APIs, using examples from a clean real-world REST+JSON API built with Java technologies.
- JSON-based data formats in a RESTful API
- References to other JSON-based resources (aka 'linking')
- Resource collections and pagination
- How to map (and how not to map) HTTP methods to Resource CRUD
- Resource partial updates
- Supporting HTTP Method Overloading for clients that don't support HTTP PUT and DELETE
- API versioning strategies
- Meaningful Error responses
- Many-to-many resource relationships
- HTTP Caching and Optimistic concurrency control
- Authentication and Security
Here are Les' slides:
Be the first one to post a comment!