Enterprise Android Training Course
The Android in the Enterprise class addresses the constantly growing need to integrate Android devices into the workplace. The class explains both high level architectural best practices for developing and integrating Android applications with RESTful back-end services and the specific tools necessary to implement them.
You will apply the techniques too specific Android Components: ContentProviders, SyncAdapters and the Device Administration API. You will learn to build fast responsive APIs that reliably up- and download data, even in the presence of unreliable networks and you will understand the Android Security Model and how to extend it to meet the needs of the needs of your organization.
This hands-on course encourages student to learn by doing. It is developer focused and directly addresses the practical details of constructing working applications. Participants will use the several daily labs to produce complete applications that reinforce their understanding.
4 days.Enterprise Android is composed of the following:
- Understand and use sqlite and the SQLiteDatabase object.
- Understand Cursors, Loaders and Content Observers.
- Understand Content Providers and the position they hold in the Android architecture. Use Contracts and UriMatchers effectively and be able to write safe and optimal ContentProviders.
- Understand and use AbstractAccountAuthenticator and AbstractThreadedSyncAdapter classes to build safe asynchronous data transports.
- Understand the Android Security model and use the DeviceAdministration APIs to control Enterprise risk.
This course is designed for software developers and team leads with hands on expedience building applications for the Android platform. The class assumes proficiency in both Java and the basics of the Android ecosystem.
In order to get full value from the class, you will need a good working knowledge of Java. You should be very comfortable with anonymous inner class, inheritance and basic concurrency. You should also be familiar with the standard Android components, their lifecycles and using Intents to move between them. It is strongly recommended that you have written at least one working Android application. Marakana's Android Bootcamp is a perfect preparation for this course.
Content Providers in Depth (3 hours)
- Best practices for SQLite Content Providers
- FIle base Content providers: BLOBs and JSON
- Network based Content providers and caching
- Using Cursors
- Optimizing Cursors for IPC
- URI Design
Device Administration API (3 hours)
Device Administration API provide a framework for creating apps that can enforce certain policies on a device. These policies were designed with the enterprise requirements in mind. In this module you will learn what Device Admin API can and cannot do, as well as how to create an application that becomes an administrator on user's device. Topics covered include:
- Overview of Device Administration API
- Supported policies
- Developing a Device Administration app
- Managing and enforcing policies