JSF 2.0 Training Course
Build highly interactive Ajax-enabled applications with JavaServer Faces (JSF) 2, the standard web application framework for Java EE. JSF 2 incorporates time-saving features, such as convention-over-configuration, built-in Ajax, templating, simple custom UI component development, and several powerful third-party Ajax component suites. JSF applications can be integrated seamlessly with Spring and/or Java EE. This course covers the key features of JavaServer Faces and walks you through building different aspects of a JSF application. You will also learn how to take advantage of rich JSF component suites such as ICEfaces and RichFaces.
After successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
The course will consist of 50% lecture, 50% hands-on labs building a complete JSF application.
Students are expected to have a firm understanding of the Java programming language and web application development fundamentals.
- Introduction to JSF
- Building Applications Part 1: Managed Beans, EL, and Exception Handling
- Using Facelets
- Building Applications Part 2: Events and Navigation
- Exploring the Standard Components
- Lab (DataTable)
- Writing Custom UI Components (includes Ajax API)
- Internationalization, Validators, and Converters
- Working with third-party components
- Integrating JSF with Spring (includes scopes, transaction management, and DB integration)
- Testing JSF Applications (overview)