Python Test Automation Training Course
This is a fast-paced introduction to testing with the popular scripting language Python. Teams that complete this course gain a basic understanding of the Python language and the hands on experience necessary to write and manage suites of tests written in Python.
This class is designed for programmers wanting to write tests in Python. Previous Python programming experience will be extremely helpful but is not required. Previous programming experience (in any language) is a prerequisite as the course assumes familiarity with the basic concepts of programming.
Simeon has been been a software developer for a decade and a half with expertise in many old and annoying technologies like Visual Basic, Delphi, Perl and PHP. In 2007 while working as the lead developer for a web design firm he discovered Python and liked it so much he quit his job to use it!
Since then his career as a developer has been particularly focused on "big data" web applications but Python and Django have remained his favorite tools of choice.
Intro to basic Python 1:This is not complete coverage of the language but just enough Python to be able to write tests.
- variables types
- (basic and container)
- flow of execution (if, while, for)
- basic function declaration and invocation
Intro to basic Python 2
- modules and namespaces
- Classes and Objects
Intro to testing with Python
- Writing testable code and testing already written code
- using data fixtures
- Using mocks and dependency injection for test isolation
- mocking files
- mocking networks
Applied Testing with Python
- Using static checkers and linters (pylint, pep8.py)
- tools for discovery and reporting: using nose with the coverage plugin
- Types of testing: unit tests vs integration testing
- Case study: testing web apps with twill
- Case study: testing command line applications with pexpect
- Continuous Integration (via Hudson)