At the end of this course students will be able to:
- Avoid problematic language constructs
- Understand and leverage JSON where appropriate
- Create and change user interface elements to reflect different states of an application
- Properly support the back-button, history, and URL-addressibility in their apps
- Choose and integrate additional code libraries
- Programmatically integrate vector graphics and other advanced capabilities into their apps
- Maintain awareness of architectural requirements, browser-compatibility requirements, and security considerations.
In addition to web sites, GUI applications, and mobile device software, Adam has also built high-volume middleware for one of the world's largest banks, and produced a new, modern integration to a 1960s-vintage mainframe app for one of the world's largest airlines.
Adam focuses on designing and coding systems in a way that yields predictable results, leverages best practices and high-productivity tools, minimizes excess code, and is fun to do. He has also spoken at tech conferencs, written articles and skill assessments, and produced an open source tool for software development. Adam has enjoyed teaching large and small groups, covering topics from nuts-and-bolts Java programming to merging ideal process with real-world constraints in an organization. More about Adam Breindel...
- Syntax and Contructs
- Functions, scope, context, and closures
- Patterns and Practices, Including Inheritance Techniques
- Browser Environment and the DOM
- Creating AJAX Applications
- AJAX Data Formats and Techniques
- Introducing jQuery
- Utility Functions and Cross-Browser Compatibility
- DOM Selectors
- Operating on DOM Selections
- Easy AJAX with jQuery
- jQuery Events
- jQuery Visual Effects
- jQuery Plug-in Architecture
- History, Back-Button, and Deep-Linking Support
- Alternate Event Buses
- jQuery UI Overview
- Visual Themes
- Arrangement of Code
- Helper Scripts and Tools
- Views and Templates
- Manual and Automated Testing
- Compression and Deployment
[top] Student Testimonials
Instructor was great! Extremely knowledgeable, and a great sense of humor. Made the class fun as well as effective.
Adam did a great job, given the loops we threw him for.
Thanks for providing real work examples in the course materials this course really helps me in everyday, AJAX, Jquery coding tasks.